I think she is quite possibly one of the most amazing people ever, I am currently listening to old No Doubt albums and singing along. A collection of some of my fave images of her.
I spend a lot of my traveling time staring at the clouds, I have picked out some pieces that remind me of dreamy clouds.
Topshop Nude Bralet £16
Topshop Co-ord Fluid Shorts £35
Topshop Dip Dye Foil Texture Sweat £28
Kimchi & Blue Little Mermaid Dress £95
Urban Outfitters Beaded Metal Earrings £12
I have been thinking about getting a dream catcher tattoo somewhere on me, maybe on my side under my arm, still can't decide though, Initial sketch idea... I think I would get a professional to actually draw it up as my first attempt isn't that great.
I have been staying at my boyfriends house recently, I was such a housewife today while he was at work, changed the sheets, did his washing, cleaned the bathroom, and added a dream catcher to his room to keep all his dreams safe..
I think I am addicted to wearing black, I expect people think I'm a goth. I recently colour coded my wardrobe, over half of it is black. Think I need to expand my colour range...
Pamela Love bronze and quartz crystal bracket and necklace, amazing, the kind of jewelry I dream about.
Hello beautiful editorial I have stumbled across, dreamy in a perfectly purple way.
Photography - Cecy Young
Styling - Cecy Young & Soley Sigurpors
Makeup - Eva Roncay
Model - Soley Sigurpors
Painting again this week made me think of all the things that make me happy, or the things I do when I am feeling a bit rubbish or down. When I feel a bit lots or lonely or just like the world is against me. It's nice to share and perhaps if anyone else ever needs to chill or escape or feel better then here is a list of my favourites..
1. Buy/pick (from your own garden) some lovely flowers for hour room/house/flat, they brighten up any day, daffodils are great and tulips for colour.
2. Put your music on really I MEAN REALLY LOUD and sing and dance like a completely crazy person, jumping around kind of dancing, throw your arms about, get shakey! just make sure no one is watching first, always embarrassing when your mid air guitar and someone walks in.
3. Escape to a place that brings back a great memory or time in your life, it could be anywhere. I like to escape to somewhere quiet in the countryside, in particular the fields I used to play in as a kid.
4. Paint your nails, it makes you hold your hands differently and feel important in life.
5. Wear odd socks, a personal favourite. In fact I do it most days, not because i'm lazy but because I can't help but smile when I look at my feet. It looks silly and it's great, the odder the socks the bigger the smile.
6. Call my sister, or a friend, talk about everything, and then talk about it again.
7. On a evening after a stressful day light some aromatherapy candles, even if your not doing anything particular. Have them burning in the background, the scent will fill the room and the soft light they let off creates lovely warm colours.
8. This might not be the same for everyone, but I love to colour code things (I will do a blog on it soon) my wardrobe, DVD's, nail varnish, books, pens, pencils, shoes, accessories, literally anything. It brings order into my life. I sometimes even find myself feeling better after a good sort out of my room or paperwork.
9. Update my 2012 goals list, yes I have a list, I find it helpful. I don't do new years resolutions as such I just keep a goals list, it can be anything from 'move house' to 'find a new perfume' in fact its better to have a range of goals that are big milestones to work towards perhaps career wise, and those smaller things that you can achieve easier. There is nothing like ticking something of your goals list, and leave it there, ticked, so you can look back and see what you have achieved.
10. DIY and creativity, make something, anything. From a nice meal to a sketch, fix a hem, a necklace, your next friends birthday card, or cakes (cakes are always a winner as you then have to eat them) It doesn't have to be complicated sometimes simplicity works.
There are many many more
Amazing little cake shop round the corner from work sells beautiful macaroons, perfect for the middle of the table they look and taste great!
A bit of Arty time, had an old canvas I made the from for a while back thought it was about time I painted on it! not finished obvuiously, I'll see how that goes, I love painting though its like therapy after a long day at work, so relaxing. There should be more art therapy in the world.
So sunday night seems to have become nail night, a nice clean, file, buff and coat of something exciting, this week it's just the one colour, black with a golden shimmer (it's a missguided bottle I may have borrowed from my sisters collection shhh) Also flicking through Numero from feb I picked up in Paris last month. A few images I like from the mag are also below.
Must remember to plait my hair more often, I think I shall have plaits for work tomorrow.