Portugal. catching the summer sun


I escaped to Portugal a few weeks ago (time seems to have flown it must be a month now) for a bit of last minute sunshine. Booked two days before we flew so it was pot luck on where we would end up! Couldn't have picked it better though, really lovely place on the south coast. Spent most of my time relaxing in the sun, reading my book, drinking cocktails and eating far too much good food. I have never eaten so much fish, didm't think I even liked it, but I was wrong! Highlight was a spot of snorkelling, no need to go somewhere special to do it just swim out a little way into those beautiful turquoise waters and dive down! Wandering the streets listening to live music and acting like teenagers was top on my list of priorities for the trip as well as a few midnight dips in the pool!